Rugby World Cup JAPAN 2019
Rugby World Cup will be held in Japan from September to November in 2019.
There will be 48 matches in 12 stadiums on three islands of Japan, Honshu, Hokkaido, and Kyushu.
More than 1 million people in total enjoy watching the world cup matches at the stadiums for this huge event.
There will be 20 teams joining the Rugby World Cup Japan 2019. 20 teams will have 4 pool matches to be qualified to the quarter-finals.
- Pool A
- Pool B
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Pool C
- The U.S.A.
- Pool D
These teams include No.1 world ranking, New Zealand, to 23rd world ranking, Namibia.
Stadium for Rugby World Cup
12 stadiums in Japan will host 48 matches.
In the main island, Honshu, there are 8 stadiums for the world cup.
- International Stadium Yokohama in Yokohama city in Kanagawa prefecture
- Tokyo Stadium in Tokyo
- Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa in Fukuroi/Kakegawa city in Shizuoka prefecture
- City of Toyota Stadium in Toyota city in Aichi prefecture
- Hanazono Rugby Stadium in Higashi-Osaka city in Osaka prefecture
- Kobe Misaki Stadium in Kobe city in Hyogo prefecture
- Kumagaya Rugby Stadium in Kumagaya city in Saitama prefecture
- Kamaishi Recovery Memorial Stadium in Kamaishi city in Iwate prefecture
In Kyushu island, there are 3 stadiums.
- Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium in Fukuoka city in Fukuoka prefecture
- Oita Stadium in Oita city in Oita prefecture
- Kumamoto Stadium in Kumamoto city in Kumamoto prefecture
In Hokkaido island, there is 1 stadium.
- Sapporo Dome in Sapporo city in Hokkaido
These stadiums can be accessed by trains and airplanes from the major airports in Japan, such as Narita International Airport, Haneda International Airport, Kansai International Airport, and Chubu Centrair International Airport.
If you go to 1 stadium to another one on the same island, it is probably better to take trains, mainly bullet trains.
For example, if you go to Kobe Misaki Stadium after watching a match in International Stadium Yokohama, you can take a bullet train from Shin-Yokohama station to Shin-Kobe station.
You can check detail information for each stadium at the official web site.
How to enjoy watching matches
For big sports events, such as the Olympic Games and FIFA World Cup, some people wear unique clothes (to stand out in a stadium???).
Maybe, this is one of the ways to enjoy watching games/matches.
We, YUKATA-JAPAN, recommend you to wear Japanese traditional clothes or clothes with Japanese design/style for watching the Rugby World Cup Japan 2019 matches.
By doing so, you can enjoy both being Japan and cheering your team.
If you have no idea what to wear, here is our recommendation:
Hanten Matsuri Red-colorful
This is the kind of jacket you can wear on your T-shirt. Japanese people often wear this for enjoying festivals. Therefore, it should be good for this huge sports event which is like a festival.
We have different colors of Hanten, red, blue, light blue, pink, and black. And, each one has a different design. You may want to choose one in the same color as your team's jersey.
Hanten Matsuri Blue
Hanten Matsuri Red
Check all Hanten > Hanten collection
Why not get these Hanten and stand out at stadiums?