Although it is still May, the climate here in Japan is like a summer. We have many hot days recently.
And when it gets hot, we start thinking to see fireworks, the Japanese summer feature.
Fireworks are a summer night game that Japanese people have been familiar with since childhood, and are so common that they can be sold at convenience stores in summer.
Hand-held fireworks which we do in parks have taste, but the grandeur of fireworks seen in fireworks display is exceptional.
Fireworks event in Japan
Fireworks events will be held all over Japan in summer.
If you visit Japan during summer, we strongly recommend you to join fireworks events which are popular not only for local Japanese but also tourists from all over the world nowadays.
Please check out the information on fireworks events below and find out if there are any fireworks events during your stay in Japan.
Here are popular fireworks events by area (as of May 25th):
- Adachi Fireworks: 2019/7/20
- Katsushika Fireworks: 2019/7/23
- Sumida River Fireworks: 2019/7/29
- Itabashi Fireworks: 2019/8/3
- Edogawa-ku Fireworks: 2019/8/3
- Kamakura Fireworks: 2019/7/10
- Atsugi Fireworks: 2019/8/3
- Kanazawa Fireworks: 2019/8/24
- Other areas
- Festival Walk Dreams 2019 Summer in Chiba: 2019/7/27 & 2019/8_24
- Tonegawa Fireworks in Ibaraki: 2019/7/13
- Maebashi Fireworks in Maebashi, Gunma: 2019/8/10
- Ashikaga Fireworks in Ashikaga, Tochigi: 2019/8/3
Kounosu Fireworks in Konosu, Saitama: 2019/10/12
- Tenjin Festival Fireworks: 2019/7/25
- Naniwa Yodogawa Fireworks: 2019/8/10
- Kameoka Hotsugawa Fireworks: 2019/8/11
- Other areas
- Biwa Lake Fireworks in Otsu, Shiga: 2019/8/8
- Other area
- Isejingu Fireworks in Ise, Mie: 2019/7/13
- Kanmon Straits Fireworks in Kita-kyushu: 2019/8/13
- Chikugo River Firewroks in Kurume: 2019/8/5
- Other area
- Kyushu Fireworks in Karatsu, Saga: 2019/7/14
- Huis Ten Bosch Kyushuichi Fireworks: 2019/9/22
- Doshin UHB Fireworks: 2019/7/26
- Hakodate Port Fireworks: 2019/7/14
- Other area
- Doya Lake Long-run Fireworks: 2019/4/28 ~ 2019/10/31
- Fireworks in KAGURA 31 in Asashikawa: 2019/8/14
Sumida River Fireworks
One of the most popular and famous fireworks display is the fireworks display of the Sumida River held in the downtown area of Tokyo.
The fireworks display is so famous that TV broadcasts take place, and many tourists from overseas come to visit.
Last year, 950,000 people enjoyed this fireworks.
This year, Sumida River Fireworks will be held at 19:00 on July 27th (Sat.).
If you are planning to visit Tokyo at this time, please come and see for yourself.
For detail information, please check the official website:
How to enjoy fireworks: Dress up in Yukata
It is popular for Japanese to wear Yukata to enjoy fireworks. This is the time Japanese wear Yukata most throughout year.
You will see many Japanese people visiting in a yukata at fireworks displays.
There are Yukata which is very difficult to wear by fastening the band. However, Yukata in our collection can be worn easily with easy-to-fasten obi.
Why don't you wear our Yukata to enjoy fireworks in the traditional Japanese style.
Now, we have Yukata set for women at special prices.
Price includes international shipping fee. Inventory is very limited. If you want to get one, please hurry up.
We also have Yukata set for women and men.
Price includes international shipping fee. You have Yukata, Obi, Setta (sandal), and Kinchaku (Pochette). With this Yukata style, you are ready to go fireworks. You get everything you need.
How to enjoy Fireworks: Dress up in Koikuchi shirt
If you want to dress down little bit from Yukata style, why don't you wear Koikuchi shirt.
Koikuchi shirt is often worn for festivals in Japan. It is a shirt with Japanese design. Koikuchi shirt is also good to wear for enjoying fireworks.
We have a set of Koikuchi shirt, Setta (sandal), and Kinchaku (Pochette). You can coordinate these items with jeans or any pants you have.
If you are interested in Koikuchi style, check our collection.
We cooperate with a Japanese product manufacturing company in 70 years of experiences and offer authentic Japanese traditional apparels and accessories.
We can ship our items to over 120 countries by express mail service without any shipping fee.
Please enjoy shopping with us.